Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mr. Bartlett's Royal Enfield

 Bill Green is an automotive photographer and we took my Enfield out for a road photo shoot recently. He really has an eye and the post production talent for making the vehicles look larger than life.

 Turned out slick, I think! My bike is a 2003 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic. I replaced the stock tires with bigger 4.00x19 Duro #308 Universal last summer. Not only do they look cool, but they're a lot more forgiving on uneven pavement. I ride 50 miles round trip to and from work every day it's not freezing and raining. The Enfield rides very smooth and I love the rumble of this single thumper. It has the old iron barrel which remained consistent (along with virtually everything else) from 1955-2008. It's easy to change the oil, replace clutch plates, adjust timing and make all the adjustments necessary for regular maintenance. When there's something I can't fix, I turn to Rex Floyd - my favorite British bike mechanic - a guy who's become a good friend.

 
  
  






9 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the best Royal I ever saw, I'll do the same tire modification on the c5 when I'll get it !!!! ( I already thought at that before ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding bike, outstanding photos, Chris! They really do justice to your modifications. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have only discovered your blog today. By chance, I just saw the pics of your bike on Flickr yesterday and I found the shots so nice that I immediately posted them on my blog.
    http://inazumacafe.blogspot.com/2011/04/chris-bartletts-enfield.html
    I strongly hope that it's ok for you.
    In the meantime, I post a refence to your (cool!)blog.
    The internet is becoming smaller and smaller.
    :)
    Luke from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I love your bike and your shop!
    I have your "Floyds Garage" t-shirt, and I'm looking forward to buy your latest Royal Enfield design...

    I Ride a 1999 500 Bullet myself, and I was inspired by the larger tires on your bike.

    I was wondering if you did any modification to fit them?

    Kjetil from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kjetil! No modification needed for those Duro tires..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there looking for the royal enfield steve mcqueen royal enfield shirt.is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  8. greetings form Athens Greece

    ReplyDelete